Saturday, February 14, 2009

THE PATH WE CHOOSE.....

So this the second blog I will be posting....I erased the old blog because with all the negativity in the media, as well as the negativity I hear in peoples conversations...I decided I will focus on everything positive going on in my life and in the world I currently live in. Although I will share my failures and challenges that come my way, one day my beautiful daughter Jordyn will read this blog and learn that her Daddy was the type to look for something positive in every situation he encountered!

On Wed., Feb. 11th 2009...

I noticed a very alarming situation. I was conducting my weekly bank check and I realized that my account was WAY under what it was supposed to be. Upon doing my research, I realized that my trusty Billing Company whom I pay a TON of money failed to transfer my funds. So, I called my account manager Nima, and asked him if he knew what was going on. His response was very classic...."Oh did you not hear what happened yet? ...Basically a bank took your funds and they froze the account because they are in court fighting a legal battle with Alliance (who actually performs the transactions for my billing company...its complicated) and they are unable to release the funds to you." Of course...I was practicing my breathing exercises because my wife was sick and I didn't want to yell at him and wake her up and startle my daughter. So I gently asked "Why wasn't I informed earlier?" his response....."Well I have 600 people to call...." I rudely cut him off with " I DON'T GIVE A ......HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO CALL!!! YOU HAVE 1 EXTREMELY UPSET (of course that is the rated G version) PERSON CALLING YOU RIGHT NOW AND YOU ARE GOING TO FIX THIS NOW!" At this point I blew my top...wife awake...Jordyn looking confused but she was ok because she was playing with her toys. Then Nima says "You have to understand...the economy is no good and the bank is in trouble." Of course my response was a simple.."THE ECONOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU NOT CALLING ME WHEN THIS FIRST HAPPENED (JAN 30)! HAD YOU HAVE CALLED ME I COULD HAVE PREPARED MYSELF TO CALL MY LANDLORD AND MY VENDORS THAT I DEAL WITH! BUT BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO CALL ME...I HAVE SEVERAL CHECKS THAT WILL NOW BOUNCE BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO CALL ME!"
He then proceed with "The funds will be released on the 17th of February." Which gave me some piece of mind but I still had to take action to make rent this month. So I scheduled an emergency negotiation meeting with my investor and I was able to convince him to pump some blood into our account to make rent. Problem 50% solved.

*Note to Jordy: There will be times in your life when you are doing everything right! Working hard..Working Smart and in an instant, your world is threatened by failure. Remember that when failure comes knocking at your door you have a choice. To focus on the problem at hand, or QUICKLY FOCUS ON FINDING THE WAY OUT. I was prepared to do anything to make sure I made rent and rather than continuing my fighting with the Billing Company...I chose to fix the problem first! And then continue my verbal assault on Nima =)

No comments:

Post a Comment