Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years 2010!

Wow~
I haven't updated this blog since June! My apologies. Well since my last blog, a lot has gone on in my life. We ran into permit issues with the learning center so that is currently still on hold. But, I am still thankful for the experience because I now know I can be a killer real estate negotiator! I now have 2 locations in the city of Claremont, California and they are growing at an incredibly slow rate. Is it because of the recession? Nah, it's because we really haven't put any energy into marketing in that city. We are just relying/piggy backing off the city's recreational book that is sent out to 40,000 homes in the city. On a bright note, I started with just one location in Claremont in June and now I have 2...I can't complain. Our Rancho location is growing steadily and I am very happy with the marketing efforts! Rancho signed up students until the very last day of operation for the year :) So to sum things up, 2009 wasn't too bad!

I can say I was a victim of a GREAT economy in the beginning months which caused me to be lazy, and paid for it from May through October 2009. Lucky for me, I had a chance to network with another successful school owner on Halloween day! He really kicked my tail, and let me know why I was having such horrible months. I implemented everything I learned from him and that is why the months of November and December have been PHENOMENAL! Most would say, "If only you met him earlier!" I say, "Thank God I met him!" Yea it would have been great if I met him earlier, but I can't go back in time. However, I can change my future and that is what I will focus my thoughts on. :)

Jordyn is strong, healthy, and very smart! She is already starting to train in Taekwondo! Yes, she only lasts for 15 minutes but hey...do you know someone who started Martial Arts at 16 months? DOUBT IT! Also, today marks the first day we are going to get her off her bottle. She is already screaming like she has seen satan himself and I have no idea how I am going to sleep at night. Jane says I have to stay strong, I say "ahhhh dang it!" But you know what they say, moms always know best...right?!? So I will stop complaining and try to get through this new struggle in my life. Wish me luck!

So here it is! My New Year's Resolution/Goals:

1. Spend more time with God!

2. Truly dedicate every Sunday to family! Whether it be playing at the park after church, or even heading down to Cerritos on Saturday nights to have dinner with my parents and sleeping over (which we have done for the WHOLE month of December, and quite frankly I feel like I am sleeping at a 5 star hotel when I am there)! I promise I will not work, think, or even try to create on Sundays!

3a. WORK HARDER AND SMARTER! I have learned that I can't just sit around and expect business to be good. Monday through Saturday I am going to become a MACHINE!

3.b I will continue to be a student of Marketing!
3.c Get my real estate license!

4. Lift weights at least 3 times a week. I LOVE CARDIO! I love knowing that if I were to get into a fight with a larger opponent, all I would have to do is last for about a minute and a half before he would have the strength of a 7 year old child. However, I do want to have some knock out power early on. So, Weight training it is!

5. 5 is just as important as #1. I am going to remove the snakes from my life. You know, the ones who give you empty compliments about how you are so great...blah blah blah. The moment you turn your back, the smack talking begins! Snakes. They come in all sizes and all ages. I truly thought I found the boy who would run my empire one day only to realize...the lil boy is a snake. I am removing all snakes from my life. If I don't contact you anymore...oh well. I suggest all of my PMAC family members to take part in this exercise as well. I've dealt with several snakes this year...snakes are poison, and you need to cut them off by their heads.

May God bless you with an AWESOME 2010! But remember...you have to take some action for yourself, he won't spoil you.

Master, Daniel Kim
www.performancemac.com
www.twitter.com/pmac_taekwondo
www.pmacceo.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment